We often tend to buy footwear that looks more appealing to our eyes but we neglect to check if it is comfortable enough. And as a result, we end up wearing the wrong pair of shoes that hurts our feet. Hence, it is very important to buy the right kind of shoes which can keep your feet protected.
- When you go to a shoe store, if you are looking for a pair to wear with socks, then try out various shoes with the socks on your feet. Let the salesman take a proper measurement of your feet so that he can get you the perfect size that fits you. Some people have one foot a bit wider or larger than the other foot. In that case, you should buy the one that fits the larger foot.
- Don’t just buy by simply seeing some footwear. Even for buying the most comfortable flip flops you need to stand in it and ensure if it is comfortable enough for you. There should be a gap of at least half inch between the end of the shoe and your longest toe.
- Take a walk around the store to make sure if the footwear is of right size for walking. Do walk on the carpet as well as on the hard surface. You should not be only focusing on what size number is mentioned or on any other description. Whichever fits your own comfort level must be bought. Always remember that size varies from one brand to another.
- Do not forget to check the sole of the shoe by turning it. Examine if it is sturdy enough for providing protection from any kind of sharp objects.
- If you are planning to buy shoes for workouts, trekking or any other sports activity, then checkout if the shoes provide any cushioning.